Apple now selling refurbished iPads starting at $449Apple, for the first time since the iPad went on sale, is now offering the hardware refurbished with a $50 discount from its online store, as availability of the product continues to improve.
Currently, just refurbished Wi-Fi-only iPad models are available, though all capacities can be purchased, with a shipping time of between one and three days. The 16GB model sells for $449, the 32GB offering is $549, and the highest capacity 64GB device is $649.
Like other refurbished sales, the iPads come with Apple's one-year limited warranty, and the AppleCare Protection Plan is also available for purchase. The site also notes that supplies are limited.
Since the iPad launched in April, Apple has not offered the touchscreen tablet for sale in a refurbished capacity. Orders of new models, for months, had wait times of days and weeks, while many retail stores were completely sold out for months.
But in late August, shipping times for new orders improved to 24 hours. Since then, Best Buy has revealed it will expand sales of the iPad to all of its U.S. stores by Sept. 26, while other retailers, like Target, are rumored to also carry the device in the near future.
However, 3G-capable refurbished iPads are not yet available for purchase via Apple's online store. All three models are listed as out of stock, and will also sell for $50, starting at $579 for the 16GB model.
On Topic: Apple Store
- Square's Apple Pay-ready NFC reader goes on sale at US Apple Stores
- Apple Back to School promo returns to Australia & New Zealand, offers Beats or iPad discounts
- Apple's third Turkish retail store to open in 2016, report says
- Apple to open 33rd Chinese Apple Store in Qingdao on Jan. 30
- Hermes, Apple begin selling exclusive Apple Watch collection online [u]