Apple releases iTunes 10.0.1 with Ping improvements, bug fixesApple this week released an update to iTunes, with version 10.0.1 adding the new Ping sidebar for easier access to the social networking service, as well as a number of bug fixes.
iTunes 10.0.1 is available available for download for Mac OS X as a 84MB install, 71.54MB for Windows 32-bit, and 72.41 for Windows 64-bit.
"iTunes 10.0.1 makes it easier to share your favorite music with your friends on Ping," Apple said in its documentation. "You can now Like or Post about music right from your iTunes library."
"You can also easily see the recent activity of a selected artist in your library, or of all artists and friends you follow on Ping using the new Ping Sidebar."
The update also includes a number of important bug fixes, including:
- Addresses an issue where the picture quality of a video changes depending on whether the on-screen controls are visible.
- Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly quit while interacting with album artwork viewed in a separate window.
- Fixes a problem that affects the performance of some third-party visualizers.
- Addresses an issue where the iTunes library and playlists appear empty.
- Resolves an issue that created an incompatibility with some third-party shared libraries.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple Music-exclusive Chance the Rapper album debuts in Billboard's top 10
- Apple sent senior engineers to customer's house to investigate music deletion issue
- Apple's iTunes 12.4 update provides unexpected speed boost, fixes deletion bug
- Largest shareholder urges struggling Pandora to sell itself to the highest bidder
- Apple releases iTunes 12.4 with redesigned interface, fixes bugs in OS X 10.11.5