Apple releases iTunes 10.0.1 with Ping improvements, bug fixesApple this week released an update to iTunes, with version 10.0.1 adding the new Ping sidebar for easier access to the social networking service, as well as a number of bug fixes.
iTunes 10.0.1 is available available for download for Mac OS X as a 84MB install, 71.54MB for Windows 32-bit, and 72.41 for Windows 64-bit.
"iTunes 10.0.1 makes it easier to share your favorite music with your friends on Ping," Apple said in its documentation. "You can now Like or Post about music right from your iTunes library."
"You can also easily see the recent activity of a selected artist in your library, or of all artists and friends you follow on Ping using the new Ping Sidebar."
The update also includes a number of important bug fixes, including:
- Addresses an issue where the picture quality of a video changes depending on whether the on-screen controls are visible.
- Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly quit while interacting with album artwork viewed in a separate window.
- Fixes a problem that affects the performance of some third-party visualizers.
- Addresses an issue where the iTunes library and playlists appear empty.
- Resolves an issue that created an incompatibility with some third-party shared libraries.
On Topic: iTunes
- Spotify royalties surpass Apple's iTunes in Europe by 13%, report says
- 'Disney Movies Anywhere' gets Android app, ushers in cross-platform movie purchasing
- Beyonce rumored to release second iTunes exclusive 'visual album' on Nov. 14
- Musician Trent Reznor working on secret music delivery project at Apple
- Killer Deals: $150 off iMac Retina 5K, $350 off Mac Pro, $40 off iPad Air 2, $30 off iPad mini 3, up to $268 off HP Printers