Thursday, September 30, 2010, 06:50 pm PT (09:50 pm ET)
Apple issues new beta of Mac OS X 10.6.5 to developersApple seeded Mac OS X 10.6.5 build 10H548 to developers Thursday with no known issues.
Apple's sixth build comes two weeks after the previous build, which was released alongside the first beta of iOS 4.2.
The first beta of Mac OS 10.6.5 was issued on Friday, Aug. 13. Apple initially released weekly builds of the OS, but builds have recently been coming two weeks apart.
Apple released Mac OS X 10.6.4 on Tuesday, June 15.
People familiar with the build have reported that the focus areas are:
- 3D Graphics
- Time Machine
- USB Devices
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple calls for OS X Yosemite app submissions ahead of launch
- Apple provides golden master candidate of OS X Yosemite to developers
- Apple releases bash patch to plug 'Shellshock' security flaw in OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion
- Apple says most customers not vulnerable to 'shellshock,' patch coming for advanced users
- Apple announces 'AirDrop Test Fest' to flush out issues ahead of OS X 10.10 Yosemite release