Thursday, September 30, 2010, 06:50 pm PT (09:50 pm ET)
Apple issues new beta of Mac OS X 10.6.5 to developersApple seeded Mac OS X 10.6.5 build 10H548 to developers Thursday with no known issues.
Apple's sixth build comes two weeks after the previous build, which was released alongside the first beta of iOS 4.2.
The first beta of Mac OS 10.6.5 was issued on Friday, Aug. 13. Apple initially released weekly builds of the OS, but builds have recently been coming two weeks apart.
Apple released Mac OS X 10.6.4 on Tuesday, June 15.
People familiar with the build have reported that the focus areas are:
- 3D Graphics
- Time Machine
- USB Devices
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Microsoft to release long-awaited Office for Mac update in 2014 - report
- Apple to enable pixel-doubled 'Retina' mode for 4K monitors in OS X 10.9.3
- Apple issues first OS X 10.9.3 beta, asks developers to focus on graphics and audio
- Apple issues OS X Server 3.1 Preview beta with added supervised devices support
- Mac owners report OS X 10.9.2 update breaks AirPlay functionality