Thursday, September 30, 2010, 06:50 pm PT (09:50 pm ET)
Apple issues new beta of Mac OS X 10.6.5 to developersApple seeded Mac OS X 10.6.5 build 10H548 to developers Thursday with no known issues.
Apple's sixth build comes two weeks after the previous build, which was released alongside the first beta of iOS 4.2.
The first beta of Mac OS 10.6.5 was issued on Friday, Aug. 13. Apple initially released weekly builds of the OS, but builds have recently been coming two weeks apart.
Apple released Mac OS X 10.6.4 on Tuesday, June 15.
People familiar with the build have reported that the focus areas are:
- 3D Graphics
- Time Machine
- USB Devices
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Microsoft says public beta of new Office for Mac coming in first half of 2015
- Users report slow Wi-Fi, dropped connections after upgrading to Apple's OS X Yosemite
- Rumor: Office for Mac to get Retina redesign, feature parity with Windows in Q1 2015
- First-week OS X Yosemite adoption rate outpaces Mavericks, now at 12.8%
- Getting the most out of the revamped OS X Spotlight search in Yosemite