Thursday, September 30, 2010, 06:50 pm PT (09:50 pm ET)
Apple issues new beta of Mac OS X 10.6.5 to developersApple seeded Mac OS X 10.6.5 build 10H548 to developers Thursday with no known issues.
Apple's sixth build comes two weeks after the previous build, which was released alongside the first beta of iOS 4.2.
The first beta of Mac OS 10.6.5 was issued on Friday, Aug. 13. Apple initially released weekly builds of the OS, but builds have recently been coming two weeks apart.
Apple released Mac OS X 10.6.4 on Tuesday, June 15.
People familiar with the build have reported that the focus areas are:
- 3D Graphics
- Time Machine
- USB Devices
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple, Inc's double digit U.S. Mac growth contradicts IDC & Gartner reports of a Mac sales slump
- Public beta launch nearly doubles OS X 10.10 Yosemite adoption despite download issues
- Apple makes first OS X Yosemite public beta available on the Mac App Store
- Apple issues new Safari betas for OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion with minor changes
- Apple to release first public beta of OS X Yosemite on Thursday