Tuesday, October 05, 2010, 05:20 pm PT (08:20 pm ET)
Apple's iPad coming to all U.S. Mercedes-Benz dealershipsAfter a successful iPad pilot program with an initial 40 dealerships this summer, Mercedes-Benz is expanding its iPad program to all 355 U.S. dealerships this fall.
Mercedes-Benz Financial announced the news on Tuesday, Macworld reports. Dealerships should receive the iPad 3G by the end of October.
The "overwhelmingly positive" results from the test program were surprising, said vice president of marketing Andreas Hinrichs. "The feedback was so positive we said, we need to push this out to all the dealers and take the financing process to a new level."
This summer's iPad pilot program was revealed in May. Using the company's custom MB Advantage app, dealers were able to file lease returns directly on the iPad instead of having to write notes and then input them into a computer at their desk later.
Dealers kept customers on the showroom floor to close deals by using the iPad to apply for loans and fill out paperwork. Although the test program did not provide conclusive evidence that buyers are more willing to purchase a vehicle if they stay in the showroom, officials "seemed encouraged by the results," the report noted.
On Topic: Current Hardware
- Deals: limited time offers knock 3 MacBooks down to $999 or less
- Mac sales slump in Q1 as PC market faces 8th straight quarterly decline
- Intel unveils 10-gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Networking coming to Macs, PCs
- OWC launches Mac Pro CPU and memory upgrade service
- Apple's premium-priced Macs 'defy the laws of economics,' but iPhone does not, Needham says