Tuesday, October 05, 2010, 05:20 pm PT (08:20 pm ET)
Apple's iPad coming to all U.S. Mercedes-Benz dealershipsAfter a successful iPad pilot program with an initial 40 dealerships this summer, Mercedes-Benz is expanding its iPad program to all 355 U.S. dealerships this fall.
Mercedes-Benz Financial announced the news on Tuesday, Macworld reports. Dealerships should receive the iPad 3G by the end of October.
The "overwhelmingly positive" results from the test program were surprising, said vice president of marketing Andreas Hinrichs. "The feedback was so positive we said, we need to push this out to all the dealers and take the financing process to a new level."
This summer's iPad pilot program was revealed in May. Using the company's custom MB Advantage app, dealers were able to file lease returns directly on the iPad instead of having to write notes and then input them into a computer at their desk later.
Dealers kept customers on the showroom floor to close deals by using the iPad to apply for loans and fill out paperwork. Although the test program did not provide conclusive evidence that buyers are more willing to purchase a vehicle if they stay in the showroom, officials "seemed encouraged by the results," the report noted.
On Topic: Current Hardware
- Apple's legacy MacBook Pro with CD/DVD SuperDrive lives on with $100 price cut
- Apple refreshes MacBook Pro with Retina display lineup with faster CPUs, more RAM standard
- Users report install, crashing issues with latest MacBook Air EFI update
- Apple issues MacBook Air EFI update to address wake from sleep problems on mid-2011 models
- Deals: 7-10% off CTO Retina MacBook Pros, $859 13" MacBook Air; $101 off 32GB AT&T iPad Airs, $350 off iPhone 5 refurbs