Monday, November 15, 2010, 08:30 pm
Apple reposts Mac OS X Server 10.6.5 update, adds mail fixApple has posted an updated build of Snow Leopard Server Mac OS X 10.6.5, fixing an issue where users were receiving mail intended for others.
Apple released Mac OS X Server 10.6.5 build 10H575 late Monday, after having quietly pulled the previous build, 10H574. Mac OS X Server 10.6.5 was originally released last Wednesday alongside Mac OS X 10.6.5, but users quickly reported issues with the update.
According to Apple, the updated version fixes a flaw where "a user may receive mail intended for other users."
"A memory aliasing issue in Dovecot's handling of user names exists in Mac OS X Server v10.6.5 (10H574). On systems configured with Dovecot as a mail server, a user may receive mail that was intended for other users. This issue is addressed through improved memory management. Dovecot is only provided with Mac OS X Server systems. This issue only affects systems running Mac OS X Server v10.6.5 (10H574). This issue does not affect the Dovecot open source project," reads an article on the security content of the update.
Users who installed the earlier build are advised to update to Monday's updated build. "If you installed Mac OS X Server v10.6.5 (build 10H574), released on November 10, 2010, you should reinstall the Mac OS X Server v10.6.5 Update," wrote Apple in an article on its Support website.
The 858.02MB download is available from the Apple Download site or through Software Update.
The full list of general fixes and improvements in Mac OS X Server 10.6.5, according to Apple, includes:
- name queries in Web Calendar match against first name, last name and email attributes
- improved setup of Podcast Producer service when bound to an Active Directory server
- preventing Podcast Capture from always storing passwords in keychain
- reliability of Web Podcast Capture
- stopping Podcast Producer recordings with remote cameras
- reliability of connections between Podcast Producer server with remote cameras
- Podcast Producer workflows publishing to a wiki page with an Active Directory account
- synchronization of audio and video output from Podcast Producer workflows which include intro videos or titling or transitions
- use of "-" character in specifying DHCP Subnets with Server Admin
- improved Wiki Server connection latency
- use of "/" character with Wiki Server mailing lists
- configuration of iChat Server when changing host names using changeip
- preventing automatic changes to a ".local" domain in iChat Server configuration due to DNS unresponsiveness
- importing of iChat accounts with Managed Preferences
- preventing network homes being used after mobile accounts enabled
- corrections to the iCal Preference Manifest
- viewing of IPP print queues with Workgroup Manager
- reliability of External Accounts with FAT32 file systems
- reliability of applying Managed Preferences to Macs that have been idle
- allowing administrators to bypass Managed Preferences at login
- improper removal of older updates by Software Update Server
- using Server Assistant to setup remote servers
- reliability and logging of Mail Server
- reliability of Managed Preferences
- reliability of Web Server with PHP scripts
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple seeds OS X 10.8.4 beta build 12E55, asks developers to focus on Windows File Sharing
- Apple seeds OS X 10.8.4 beta build 12E52 to developers
- iMovie update fixes issues with camera recognition, iOS movie imports
- Apple fixes Thunderbolt target disk mode in software update
- First look: Pixelmator 2.2 Blueberry goes live in the Mac App Store