New 'iPad is iconic' ad touts 60,000 appsApple has begun showing a new commercial that highlights a growing number of iPad-specific apps, now pushing past 60,000 titles.
The spot, "iPad is iconic," highlights such apps as the "fresh" djay virtual turntables, "tickets" using American Airlines' iPad app, "news" depicting video embedded in the digital copy of the Wall Street Journal, "stories" in Apple's own iBook shelf, "students" and "teachers" both using Pages from iWork, "hollywood" depicting the Movie Slate app, and "iconic" featuring Vanity Fair.
Within the ad, an odometer-like counter of iPad apps turns over to 60,000, a number the company hit just days ago as it approached its 10 billionth iOS app download.
On Topic: Apple
- LEGO rolls out Macs in the workplace to meet growing employee demand
- IBM deploying 1,300 Macs per week, Apple users need much less support than PC counterparts
- Apple employee labor law violation class action suit starts Tuesday in CA
- Apple investigation of employee-led photo sharing ring finds no purloined customer data
- Supply chain reports claim Apple will gain smartphone marketshare in 2016, 2017