New 'iPad is iconic' ad touts 60,000 appsApple has begun showing a new commercial that highlights a growing number of iPad-specific apps, now pushing past 60,000 titles.
The spot, "iPad is iconic," highlights such apps as the "fresh" djay virtual turntables, "tickets" using American Airlines' iPad app, "news" depicting video embedded in the digital copy of the Wall Street Journal, "stories" in Apple's own iBook shelf, "students" and "teachers" both using Pages from iWork, "hollywood" depicting the Movie Slate app, and "iconic" featuring Vanity Fair.
Within the ad, an odometer-like counter of iPad apps turns over to 60,000, a number the company hit just days ago as it approached its 10 billionth iOS app download.
On Topic: Apple
- How Japanese tea culture influenced Steve Jobs and Apple
- Apple's Japanese R&D facility confirmed for Yokohama with 2016 completion date
- Editorial: A friendlier Apple Inc now invites media through its Infinite Loop front door
- Editorial: Google, Microsoft claiming Apple's crown, albeit from 1994
- Apple to appeal e-book decision, maintains company did 'nothing wrong'