New 'iPad is iconic' ad touts 60,000 appsApple has begun showing a new commercial that highlights a growing number of iPad-specific apps, now pushing past 60,000 titles.
The spot, "iPad is iconic," highlights such apps as the "fresh" djay virtual turntables, "tickets" using American Airlines' iPad app, "news" depicting video embedded in the digital copy of the Wall Street Journal, "stories" in Apple's own iBook shelf, "students" and "teachers" both using Pages from iWork, "hollywood" depicting the Movie Slate app, and "iconic" featuring Vanity Fair.
Within the ad, an odometer-like counter of iPad apps turns over to 60,000, a number the company hit just days ago as it approached its 10 billionth iOS app download.
On Topic: Apple
- Apple thought to be seeking vast expanses of office space in Seattle
- Apple issues $7B U.S. bond to fund stock buybacks, corporate initiatives
- Apple shuttlebus drivers vote in favor of first contract after unionization
- Apple preparing $7 billion U.S. bond sale to support stock buyback program
- How Japanese tea culture influenced Steve Jobs and Apple