New 'iPad is iconic' ad touts 60,000 appsApple has begun showing a new commercial that highlights a growing number of iPad-specific apps, now pushing past 60,000 titles.
The spot, "iPad is iconic," highlights such apps as the "fresh" djay virtual turntables, "tickets" using American Airlines' iPad app, "news" depicting video embedded in the digital copy of the Wall Street Journal, "stories" in Apple's own iBook shelf, "students" and "teachers" both using Pages from iWork, "hollywood" depicting the Movie Slate app, and "iconic" featuring Vanity Fair.
Within the ad, an odometer-like counter of iPad apps turns over to 60,000, a number the company hit just days ago as it approached its 10 billionth iOS app download.
On Topic: Apple
- Genius Bar doesn't hire retired Apple engineer, fires up age discrimination debate
- This week on AI: 'See you on Sept. 7,' Apple's $14.5B bill, detonating Note 7 & more
- Feds, lobbyists draw battle lines over Apple's EU $14.5B tax bill
- EU-imposed Apple Irish tax bill could exceed $21.2B if appeal process fails
- Irish lawmakers gearing up for $14.5B Apple tax bill appeal amidst industry concern