Apple releases third beta of iOS 4.3 for iPhone, iPad to developersApple on Tuesday released the third pre-release beta of iOS 4.3, its forthcoming software update for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, to developers, marking the third release in as many weeks.
The third beta of iOS 4.3 is called 8F5166b, and it comes just weeks after the first beta of the update was released. Details about what may be included or have been changed in the software update are forthcoming.
The first beta of iOS 4.3 was released on Jan. 12, revealing the new Personal Hotspot feature that will allow an iPhone to share its 3G Internet connection with up to five devices over Wi-Fi, if a carrier allows. The new software also allows third-party applications to use AirPlay for streaming video, as well as a software option to change the iPad hardware switch between mute and orientation lock.
The second iOS 4.3 beta was issued on Jan. 19, when Apple also revealed that new iPad multi-touch gestures were just a preview of a forthcoming feature to "gather input." The Cupertino, Calif., company said that the feature, which include four-finger gestures to switch between multitasking applications or return to the home screen, will not be enabled in the final release for customers.
The new beta comes a day before Apple and News Corporation are set to launch The Daily, a new tablet-only daily newspaper. The publication is expected to cost 99 cents per week, and could debut alongside an update to iOS that would allow recurring application subscriptions through the App Store.
On Topic: iPhone
- Hermes Edition Apple Watch launches; iPhone 7, Apple Watch arrive in more countries
- Apple partners with Flipkart for online iPhone 7 sales in India
- Recall of dangerous Samsung Galaxy Note 7 yields a half-million exchanges in US
- Wide iPhone 7 availability expected at Apple retail by Oct. 8, international freight logjam to blame
- Apple's iPhone 7 camera delivers nice slice of enhancements, but iPhone 7 Plus takes the cake