Apple begins shipping Verizon iPhone 4 web orders one week earlyApple has started shipping the first online orders for the new Verizon Wireless iPhone 4, a week earlier than it initially estimated.
Initial orders placed on February 9 were slated for delivery "on or before February 18," but shipping notices are now being sent out, specifying a "delivers by" date of February 16th.
Apple reportedly stockpiled an initial production of 2 million CDMA iPhone 4 units in December and January, reserving an unknown proportion of the initial batch for Verizon to offer to its existing customers as pre-orders February 3. That initial batch was sold out on the first day.
Apple began taking web orders on the 9th, offering either reserved in-store pickup or free delivery for those willing to wait a week or two for the new model to ship and arrive. Initial orders estimated a five day shipping delay after the ship date.
A more efficient ordering process that appeared to capably handle the demand for the new carrier prevented the long lines that dogged the initial release of iPhone 4 last summer on AT&T.
On Topic: iPhone
- Software update upgrades select 2013-2015 Fiat Chrysler vehicles with Siri Eyes Free
- Vudu and Telegram iOS apps update with new 3D Touch options, more
- Porsche to bring Apple's CarPlay to 718 Cayman series
- Philips releases Hue 'Gen 2' app with Routines, Rooms & other improvements
- Samsung reports Q1 mobile profits just 24% of Apple's