Apple seeds fifth beta of Mac OS X 10.6.7 to developers, focused on SafariIn keeping with its weekly build schedule, Apple issued the fifth beta of Mac OS X 10.6.7 on Thursday, directing developers to focus on Safari.
Build 10J858 was released as a 1008.8MB combo update and a 434.4MB delta update. According to people familiar with the beta, the update was released with no known issues as usual, though the Safari web browser has been added to the list of Focus Areas.
In addition to Safari, Apple has asked developers to look into the Mac App Store, Airport, Bonjour, SMB and Graphics Drivers.
Apple seeded the first beta of Mac OS X 10.6.7 on Jan. 20, just weeks after releasing Mac OS X 10.6.6 and the Mac App Store. The most recent build came a week ago on Feb. 10.
Mac OS X 10.6.7 is expected to have only minor fixes and few new features, as Apple plans to release a major operating system upgrade, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, this summer. Lion will incorporate features such as a home screen and full-screen applications from the Apple's iOS back to the Mac.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple seeds OS X 10.10.4 beta 2 to developers, public beta testers
- Apple updates iMovie for Mac with enhanced YouTube sharing, fix for random crashes
- Apple issues fix for iMac JPEG crashes, updates TestFlight with WatchKit support
- If you want Beats Music on your Mac, skip the Web client and install the Beats Android app
- First look: Adobe Lightroom CC with HDR and panoramic photo merging, facial recognition, more