Sources reveal Apple's new-look interface for Mac OS X Lion's Finder, Mail, and other appsThe developer preview of Mac OS X Lion released to developers on Thursday sports a new interface look akin to iTunes for the Finder, Mail and iCal, while applications like Address adopt design elements borrowed from the iPad. AppleInsider offers a first look.
iPad-style Mail, Address Book, iCal
According to people familiar with the software, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion features a new version of Mail with a widescreen layout inspired by the mail application on the iPad. Among the new additions is Conversations, a feature that automatically groups related messages into one easy-to-read timeline.
Mail also features a more powerful search, and support for Microsoft Exchange 2010.
The address book has also taken a cue from the iPad, and iCal has also borrowed design elements from the interface on Apple's popular touchscreen tablet.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- How to watch Super Bowl 50 on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV
- Apple adds server-to-server web service requests to CloudKit
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X, Compressor and Motion with new features
- Public beta testers get Apple's second build of OS X 10.11.4
- Apple seeds OS X 10.11.4 to developers with minor bug fixes