Saturday, March 12, 2011, 12:00 pm PT (03:00 pm ET)
Apple begins shipping iPad 2 orders for March 17 deliveryMultiple reports of shipments of the first wave of iPad 2 orders has begun, with delivery estimates noting an expected delivery date of March 17.
Some accessories have also shipped, including some Smart Covers, which are shipped via slower ground freight. Apple's estimated ship times for Smart Covers online vary according to the type and color ordered.
Grey, green and tan are still available in 1 to 2 days, while the red leather cover seems to be the most popular or at lease elusive, with a 3-4 week shipping wait.
The Apple Digital AV adapter for HDMI output has not yet shipped, but is estimated to so so in 1 to 2 business days.
On Topic: iPad
- Rumor: Next-gen iPad Air to debut in October, Retina iPad mini in early 2015
- Next-gen iPad Air with Touch ID, new gold color option may also debut at Apple's Sept. 9 event
- Apple's rumored iPhone 6 mobile payment system seen as 'most legitimate potential threat' to PayPal
- Apple will re-bid on nixed $1 billion LA Unified School District iPad contract
- Cook says tablet sales slump is 'speed bump,' looks toward future growth