Saturday, March 12, 2011, 12:00 pm PT (03:00 pm ET)
Apple begins shipping iPad 2 orders for March 17 deliveryMultiple reports of shipments of the first wave of iPad 2 orders has begun, with delivery estimates noting an expected delivery date of March 17.
Some accessories have also shipped, including some Smart Covers, which are shipped via slower ground freight. Apple's estimated ship times for Smart Covers online vary according to the type and color ordered.
Grey, green and tan are still available in 1 to 2 days, while the red leather cover seems to be the most popular or at lease elusive, with a 3-4 week shipping wait.
The Apple Digital AV adapter for HDMI output has not yet shipped, but is estimated to so so in 1 to 2 business days.
On Topic: iPad
- ComiXology requires users to reset passwords after security breach
- Gartner ignores Apple's sales numbers, reports Android marketshare doubled iPad in 2013
- GSMA names Apple's iPad Air 'Best Mobile Tablet' of 2014
- Samsung parodies Apple's iPad Air 'Pencil' ad with new Galaxy Tab Pro spot
- Apple's second 'your verse' story focuses on iPad in mountaineering