Saturday, March 12, 2011, 03:00 pm
Apple begins shipping iPad 2 orders for March 17 deliveryMultiple reports of shipments of the first wave of iPad 2 orders has begun, with delivery estimates noting an expected delivery date of March 17.
Some accessories have also shipped, including some Smart Covers, which are shipped via slower ground freight. Apple's estimated ship times for Smart Covers online vary according to the type and color ordered.
Grey, green and tan are still available in 1 to 2 days, while the red leather cover seems to be the most popular or at lease elusive, with a 3-4 week shipping wait.
The Apple Digital AV adapter for HDMI output has not yet shipped, but is estimated to so so in 1 to 2 business days.
On Topic: iPad
- iPad shipments could see first ever year-on-year decline in Q2, analyst says
- Apple Store further drops refurbished 4th-gen iPad, iPad mini prices
- Apple's fifth-gen iPad rumored to debut after 'iPhone 5S,' feature rear mic
- Microsoft caught lying about tablet size in comparison to Apple's iPad
- Dubai hotel provides guests with iMacs, 24-karat gold iPad