Wednesday, March 16, 2011, 01:00 pm PT (04:00 pm ET)
First Look: Apple's iPad 2For its second generation iPad, Apple created a thinner, lighter device with faster processing and graphics, more wireless options, and both front and rear facing cameras.
Out of the box
Identified simply as "iPad" on the box, the new version is packaged with a USB Dock connector cable, a 10 watt USB wall adapter, Apple stickers, regulatory information and a user guide that consists of a card: one side depicting the buttons and connectors, the other side explaining how to plug it into iTunes.
The 3G UMTS version of the new iPad also include a simple tool for popping the SIM card out.
Design compared with the original
The new model has a thinner body with a tapered edges, rather than the square wall edge of the original. This makes it more comfortable to hold in the hand, in concert with its significantly lighter weight.
On page 2 of 3: Sporty handling through tight corners; Face down, as up.
On Topic: iPad
- Upgraders jumpstart Apple's 'iPad Christmas' with 175% surge in trade-ins of old iPads for cash
- iPad agreement between Apple & China Mobile predicted to follow iPhone launch
- Black Friday propels iPad Air growth by 51%, iPhone 5c surges 26%
- Rumor: Apple considering 12.9-inch iPads with 2K and 4K resolutions for 2014 launch
- Android users accounted for 40% of Apple's iPad sales on Black Friday - report