Killer deal: Brand new Apple 11.6-inch MacBook Air for $849 ($150 savings)AppleInsider sponsor MacMall on Monday teamed up with eBay to offer readers a killer deal on Apple's 11.6-inch MacBook Air, selling brand new units for $849 while supplies last.
The promotion, which is part of eBay's ongoing March Madness blowout sale, knocks $149 (or 15%) off the entry level MacBook Air, bringing the cost down to $849.99, which is the lowest price we've ever seen on the ultra-thin notebook.
These are brand new, unopened MacBook Airs featuring a 1.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 SDRAM, 64GB Flash Storage, NVIDIA GeForce 320M, 11.6" LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi 802.11n, Bluetooth 2.1, FaceTime camera, built-in battery, and precision aluminum unibody. There's a strict limit of on per customer.
These particular March Madness deals are limited to 24-hours or less, or while supplies last. In this case, eBay is indicating that it expects to blow through the allotment of 11-inch MacBook Airs earmarked for this sale within the next 4 hours.
Readers interested in this deal can compare it to prices from Apple's other authorized resellers in AppleInsider's Mac Price Guide, the MacBook Air segment of which is included below:
On Topic: Current Hardware
- Review: Apple's 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display still best all-in-one around
- Review: Apple's 21.5-inch iMac with 4K Retina display is great, but skip the slow HDD model
- New 4K & 5K iMacs support 10-bit screen color for improved image accuracy
- IBM saving $270 per Mac in support costs, says Apple's Tim Cook
- Review: Apple's Magic Keyboard was made to hit the road