Thursday, April 14, 2011, 02:00 pm
Safari 5.0.5, Xcode 4.0.2, Mac OS X security updates released by AppleApple on Thursday released a number of security and maintenance updates for its software, including Safari 5.0.5, Xcode 4.0.2, and Security Update 2011-002 for Mac OS X.
Safari 5.0.5 is available via Software Update or direct from Apple. It includes the latest security updates for the browser, which runs on Mac OS X 10.6.5, Mac OS X 10.5.8, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
A number of security updates for Snow Leopard and Leopard are also available. They are recommended for all users, and links to them are included below:
Snow Leopard Security Update 2011-002
Leopard - Client Security Update 2011-002
- Leopard - Server Security Update 2011-002
Finally, along with the newly released iOS 4.3.2, which also arrived on Thursday, Apple has also issued an update for its Xcode development software. Users can download Xcode 4.0.2 through the Mac App Store, where it sells for $4.99.
On Topic: Software
- Avid announces Pro Tools 11 and Media Composer 7 for Mac & PC
- Adobe releases Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 after month of testing
- New release candidates for Adobe's Lightroom and Camera Raw bring bug fixes, added camera support
- Apple to lock iOS app screenshots upon submission to halt scammers
- Firefox 18 launches with support for Retina display Macs