Apple seeds new build of Mac OS X 10.6.8 to developersApple on Thursday issued the second beta build of Mac OS X 10.6.8 to developers with no known issues.
Both the Combo Update and the Delta Update for Mac OS X 10.6.8 build 10K524 are a 1GB download. According to people familiar with the matter, focus areas for the build include Airport, Graphics Drivers, Mac App Store, Networking, QuickTime and VPN.
The first build of Mac OS X 10.6.8, identified as 10K521, arrived a week ago with no details on changes.
The most recent update to Snow Leopard came in March in the form of Mac OS X 10.6.7, which included display fixes for Apple's early 2011 Thunderbolt MacBook Pros. Other adjustments included changes designed to improve the reliability of Back to My Mac, resolve issues when transferring files to SMB Windows Files Sharing servers, and address Mac App Store bugs.
Apple is expected to release a major upgrade to Mac OS X this summer with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. The Cupertino, Calif., Mac maker will "unveil the future of Mac OS" at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference from June 6 through June 10 in San Francisco.
Mac OS X Lion takes popular features in iOS, such as full screen apps and auto save, and brings them back to the Mac.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple Xcode 8 beta now secured with digital signatures in .xip format
- 3rd-party Vulkan API could simplify porting graphics-intensive games to Metal on macOS, iOS
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- Apple issues third macOS Sierra beta to developers
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit