Apple seeds new build of Mac OS X 10.6.8 to developersApple on Thursday issued the second beta build of Mac OS X 10.6.8 to developers with no known issues.
Both the Combo Update and the Delta Update for Mac OS X 10.6.8 build 10K524 are a 1GB download. According to people familiar with the matter, focus areas for the build include Airport, Graphics Drivers, Mac App Store, Networking, QuickTime and VPN.
The first build of Mac OS X 10.6.8, identified as 10K521, arrived a week ago with no details on changes.
The most recent update to Snow Leopard came in March in the form of Mac OS X 10.6.7, which included display fixes for Apple's early 2011 Thunderbolt MacBook Pros. Other adjustments included changes designed to improve the reliability of Back to My Mac, resolve issues when transferring files to SMB Windows Files Sharing servers, and address Mac App Store bugs.
Apple is expected to release a major upgrade to Mac OS X this summer with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. The Cupertino, Calif., Mac maker will "unveil the future of Mac OS" at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference from June 6 through June 10 in San Francisco.
Mac OS X Lion takes popular features in iOS, such as full screen apps and auto save, and brings them back to the Mac.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- macOS virtual keyboard system resources lack function keys, suggest 'Magic Toolbar' legit
- Long-awaited Sid Meier title Civilization VI arrives on macOS
- Apple updates macOS Sierra to 10.12.1 with Mail, Safari, Photos fixes
- Trade-in coupon: $20 cash bonus when you trade in your old Mac ahead of rumored 2016 MacBook Pros
- LEGO rolls out Macs in the workplace to meet growing employee demand