Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Logic 9.1.4 to support iPad GarageBand songsApple has released an update to Logic Pro and Express that supports opening projects created with the GarageBand app for iPad, in addition to other minor bug fixes.
The new update, available via Software Update or from Apple's downloads page, comes a week after the company issued a ProKit 7.0 update with broad fixes for its Pro Apps.
ProKit is used by Logic Pro,, Logic Express and MainStage as well as Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro, iPhoto, Aperture and iAd Producer.
Nearly two months ago the end of March, Apple released a 6.0.2 update for GarageBand on the Mac to support projects created on iPad. The $5 GarageBand iPad app was released in early March alongside iPad 2.
On Topic: GarageBand
- Apple updates GarageBand for Mac with MP3 export option, improved accessibility
- Apple issues updates for iOS Remote, GarageBand, Logic Remote & Podcasts
- Apple updates GarageBand for Mac with bug fixes, stability improvements
- App Roundup: New iLife and iWork apps for OS X, iOS go live
- New 'flat' iPhoto and GarageBand icons appear in iOS iCloud Settings, hint at app revisions