Monday, July 25, 2011, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Apple issues Mac OS X 10.6.8 Supplemental Update for Snow LeopardApple on Monday issued a recommended "Supplemental Update" for all Macs running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 that delivers a handful of final fixes for the previous-generation operating system.
Specifically, Apple said the 10.19MB update resolves issues with:
- Transferring personal data, settings, and compatible applications from a Mac running Mac OS X Snow Leopard to a new Mac running Mac OS X Lion
- Certain network printers that pause print jobs immediately and fail to complete
- System audio that stops working when using HDMI or optical audio out
A similar 10.23MB update was released for Snow Leopard Server.
For those Macs that haven't yet moved to Snow Leopard version 10.6.8, Apple re-released its distributions of that point release with the supplemental fixes baked in:
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update v.1.1 (453MB)
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 (1.09GB)
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.8 Update v1.1 (518MB)
Monday's releases would appear to be the final updates Apple has planned for the Snow Leopard operating system, with the company having released Mac OS X Lion last Wednesday.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple updates pro-level video suite with fixes for Final Cut Pro X, Compressor and Motion
- Mailbox for Mac hits public beta, adds synced drafts and 'snooze to desktop' feature
- Rumor: Undisclosed security breach cause of Apple's new Gatekeeper app signing policy
- Apple releases OS X Yosemite Developer Preview 6, Xcode 6 beta 6
- Apple releases Safari 6.1.6 and Safari 7.0.6 with security improvements