Friday, August 19, 2011, 07:45 am PT (10:45 am ET)
AT&T exec reportedly tells staffers to prepare for early October iPhone 5 launchApple's much-anticipated iPhone 5 is likely to be unveiled in a matter of weeks before hitting the market sometime in early October, a high-ranking AT&T official is reported to have told staffers of the U.S wireless carrier.
Citing one of its "high-level AT&T sources," BGR claims the iPhone 5 is slated to launch in early October following an introduction at a media event sometime later next month. Expect things to get really, really busy in the next 35-50 days, so prepare your teams accordingly," the executive is reported to have said.
While the report offers no further details, the timeframe is consistent with a recent claim from TiPb, which said last week that its sources have indicated that Friday, October 7th is currently tracking as day Apple hopes to begin shipping the device.
On Topic: iPhone
- CVS joins Rite Aid in blocking Apple Pay in "CurrentC" plan to collect more customer data
- Sprint expands 'iPhone for Life' plans with new 12-month lease option
- Nearly half of Gazelle's early iPhone upgrades ordered Apple's larger, more expensive iPhone 6 Plus
- Amazon Rewards Visa Card adds support for Apple Pay
- iPhone 6 Plus users report persistent unexplained crashing issues, possibly tied to large app libraries