Friday, August 19, 2011, 07:45 am PT (10:45 am ET)
AT&T exec reportedly tells staffers to prepare for early October iPhone 5 launchApple's much-anticipated iPhone 5 is likely to be unveiled in a matter of weeks before hitting the market sometime in early October, a high-ranking AT&T official is reported to have told staffers of the U.S wireless carrier.
Citing one of its "high-level AT&T sources," BGR claims the iPhone 5 is slated to launch in early October following an introduction at a media event sometime later next month. Expect things to get really, really busy in the next 35-50 days, so prepare your teams accordingly," the executive is reported to have said.
While the report offers no further details, the timeframe is consistent with a recent claim from TiPb, which said last week that its sources have indicated that Friday, October 7th is currently tracking as day Apple hopes to begin shipping the device.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple shows off iPhone 5s multimedia creation prowess in 'Powerful' ad
- After putting Google on the hook for infringement of iPhone patents, Samsung lied about it
- Duet Bluetooth tag helps alert iPhone owners as soon as they lose their device
- Rumor again claims Apple's jumbo-sized 5.5" iPhone will launch after new, larger 4.7" model
- Apple, Inc. and the pursuit of affordable luxury electronics