Apple issues iTunes 10.4.1 performance and stability updateApple has made available a minor update to iTunes that fixes a variety of bugs discovered in the release of iTunes 10.4, such as unresponsiveness when purchasing HD rentals and longer-than-expected launch times.
The new iTunes 10.4.1 update is available from System Update and Apple's download page, which lists a 90.26MB Mac Universal Binary package as well as two Windows versions, one for 32-bit editions and one for 64-bit systems.
Apple's update notes for the new release lists the following improvements:
- Fixes a problem where the media keys on some third-party keyboards work inconsistently with iTunes
- Addresses issues with adding artwork to songs and videos
- Resolves an issue which may cause iTunes to become unresponsive when purchasing an HD movie
- Fixes a problem where iTunes may take longer than expected to open after waking your Mac from sleep
- Addresses issues with VoiceOver support
Apple has separately issued a 10.5 version of iTunes to developers for testing, which incorporates support for syncing with devices running iOS 5.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple Music hits 10M subscribers in four weeks, report says
- Keith Richards debuts new music video exclusively on Apple Music
- Pandora CEO says company has seen 'no impact' from Apple Music launch
- Consumer advocacy group, Sen. Al Franken add to Apple Music antitrust clamor
- Apple Music, App Store, iTunes & more buckle under VMA announcement traffic