Apple issues iTunes 10.4.1 performance and stability updateApple has made available a minor update to iTunes that fixes a variety of bugs discovered in the release of iTunes 10.4, such as unresponsiveness when purchasing HD rentals and longer-than-expected launch times.
The new iTunes 10.4.1 update is available from System Update and Apple's download page, which lists a 90.26MB Mac Universal Binary package as well as two Windows versions, one for 32-bit editions and one for 64-bit systems.
Apple's update notes for the new release lists the following improvements:
- Fixes a problem where the media keys on some third-party keyboards work inconsistently with iTunes
- Addresses issues with adding artwork to songs and videos
- Resolves an issue which may cause iTunes to become unresponsive when purchasing an HD movie
- Fixes a problem where iTunes may take longer than expected to open after waking your Mac from sleep
- Addresses issues with VoiceOver support
Apple has separately issued a 10.5 version of iTunes to developers for testing, which incorporates support for syncing with devices running iOS 5.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple reverses iTunes Store changes to become more indie-label friendly
- Jury orders Apple to pay $533M for infringing gaming patents
- Apple, AOL ending iTunes login partnership, users must migrate to Apple ID by March 31
- Grammy-nominated DJ Zane Lowe leaving flagship BBC Radio show, joining Apple
- Beats Music integration only part of the story as Apple wants to 'be the music business'