Apple seeds Mac OS X 10.7.2 beta, iCloud beta 10 to developersApple on Friday supplied developers with new beta builds of Mac OS X 10.7.2 Lion, as well as the tenth pre-release test version of iCloud.
People familiar with the latest version of Mac OS X 10.7.2 say it is known as build 11C48. Developers have reportedly been asked to concentrate on AirPort, AppKit, GraphicsDrivers, iCal, iChat, the Mac App Store, Spotlight and Time Machine.
iCloud for OS X Lion beta 10 was also released to developers. It is an add-on installer for OS X Lion, and gives developers the opportunity to test their software with iCloud before the service launches this fall.
The last betas of Mac OS X 10.7.2 and iCloud were issued to developers one week ago, in the form of 11C43 and beta 9, respectively. Developers were asked to focus on the same aspects of Lion in the previous beta.
Beta builds of Mac OS X are meant for testing purposes only, and are available to members of the Mac Developer Program. Apple released Lion via the Mac App Store on July 20, quickly selling more than a million copies in 24 hours.
Developers have been busy with new builds in the last week. In addition to multiple updates to Lion and iCloud, developers were also supplied with a new beta of iTunes, supporting the iTunes Match service.
And on Wednesday, developers were also given iOS 5 beta 7, offering fixes and improvements for the mobile operating system that powers the iPhone and iPad. New developer build of Xcode 4.2 Preview 7 iTunes 10.5 beta 7, and Apple TV software beta 6 were also made available.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple issues Safari 8.0.3, 7.1.3 and 6.2.3 betas to developers with bug fixes, general improvements
- Pixelmator unveils major updates for iPad and Mac, Fleksy adds extensions and GIFs
- Art+Tech: Sunday MASS art dance party taps Mac apps for 3D projection mapping
- Apple releases third beta of OS X 10.10.2 with focuses on Wi-Fi, Mail & VoiceOver
- Apple releases Safari 8.0.2 to fix issues related to iCloud Drive & Keychain