Friday, September 09, 2011, 06:13 pm
Apple releases iTunes 10.5 beta 8 to developers along with new iWork for iOS appsApple has made available an eighth beta release of iTunes 10.5 to developers, focusing on bug fixes and improvements. The update is available alongside a new release of iWork for iOS beta 3.
The new iTunes update focuses on support for iCloud among iOS devices and apps, including tighter requirements for apps using iCloud Documents & Data to identify their cloud-stored documents securely.
The update also refines iTunes Match, a song delivery service included under the iCloud umbrella of Apple's online services. Devices that enable iCloud Backup will now automatically disable backup through iTunes, accelerating the iTunes sync process.
Apple continues to refine iOS 5, iTunes, Apple TV, and Mac OS X Lion and Snow Leopard releases to launch its full iCloud service smoothly, apparently taking care not to repeat the rushed, problematic and very embarrassing launch fiascos of MobileMe back in 2008.
On Topic: Software
- Avid announces Pro Tools 11 and Media Composer 7 for Mac & PC
- Adobe releases Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 after month of testing
- New release candidates for Adobe's Lightroom and Camera Raw bring bug fixes, added camera support
- Apple to lock iOS app screenshots upon submission to halt scammers
- Firefox 18 launches with support for Retina display Macs