Apple releases iTunes 10.5 beta 8 to developers along with new iWork for iOS appsApple has made available an eighth beta release of iTunes 10.5 to developers, focusing on bug fixes and improvements. The update is available alongside a new release of iWork for iOS beta 3.
The new iTunes update focuses on support for iCloud among iOS devices and apps, including tighter requirements for apps using iCloud Documents & Data to identify their cloud-stored documents securely.
The update also refines iTunes Match, a song delivery service included under the iCloud umbrella of Apple's online services. Devices that enable iCloud Backup will now automatically disable backup through iTunes, accelerating the iTunes sync process.
Apple continues to refine iOS 5, iTunes, Apple TV, and Mac OS X Lion and Snow Leopard releases to launch its full iCloud service smoothly, apparently taking care not to repeat the rushed, problematic and very embarrassing launch fiascos of MobileMe back in 2008.
On Topic: Software
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 15 for Mac with new automated tools
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools