Apple supplies developers new build of Mac OS X 10.7.2 ahead of iCloud launchAs Apple moves forward toward the upcoming launch of iCloud, a new beta of Mac OS X 10.7.2 was supplied to developers on Thursday with no known issues.
People familiar with the latest build said it is known as 11C62, and weighs in at 740.2MB in its delta form. It comes less than a week after the last beta of Mac OS X 10.7.2 was supplied for testing.
The latest Lion betas have included iCloud integration, while previous builds required that developers download a separate installer to test Apple's forthcoming syncing and storage service.
The new beta comes the same day that Apple has warned developers it will reset all iCloud data. The reset is being done in preparation for the launch of the new free service.
Apple has not officially announced a specific release date for iCloud, and instead revealed in June that the service will become available this fall. It will store content such as photos, e-mail and contacts, and wirelessly push it to devices, including Macs, iPhones and iPads.
People familiar with the beta issued on Thursday said the latest build again has no known issues. The focus areas are said to remain the same as they were previously, and include AddressBook, GraphicsDrivers, iCal, iChat, iCloud, the Mac App Store, Mail, MobileMe, Safari, Spotlight and Time Machine.
Mac OS X 10.7.2 will likely be released when iCloud and iOS 5 are made available to the public. They are expected to be released at an event rumored to be scheduled for Oct. 4, where Apple is also expected to introduce its fifth-generation iPhone.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Algoriddim djay Pro comes to Mac, TurboTax debuts new iOS app for tax season
- Apple issues Safari 8.0.3, 7.1.3 and 6.2.3 betas to developers with bug fixes, general improvements
- Pixelmator unveils major updates for iPad and Mac, Fleksy adds extensions and GIFs
- Art+Tech: Sunday MASS art dance party taps Mac apps for 3D projection mapping
- Apple releases third beta of OS X 10.10.2 with focuses on Wi-Fi, Mail & VoiceOver