Apple's Cards app for iOS allows users to mail custom greeting cardsApple on Tuesday announced Cards, a new free application for iOS devices that will allow users to order and mail custom-printed greeting cards for any occasion.
Scott Forstall, Apple's senior vice president of iOS Software, unveiled the new application during his company's media event on Tuesday. Users will be able to use their own photos to create custom cards for any event that will be printed on high-quality 100 percent cotton paper.
For $2.99 in the U.S. and $4.99 anywhere else in the world, Apple will design the postage for the card and mail it for customers. Those who place an order will receive a push notification of mail delivery to their iOS device through the U.S. Postal Service.
A total of 21 different designs will be available through the application. Users will be able to create the cards on their phone, and Apple will handle the creation and mailing of the card.
The free application will be available on the App Store on Oct. 12.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple's iPhone falls from 3rd to 5th in China smartphone marketshare
- Hyundai adds Apple CarPlay to 2017 Sonata & Tucson
- Secure WhatsApp found to not be completely eradicating chat transcripts
- Nest app updates with Thermostat control from Apple Watch, expanded camera options
- Possible Apple Lightning-to-headphone adapter for 'iPhone 7' spotted in new photos