Apple retail stores to shutter Wednesday for Steve Jobs celebrationApple on Wednesday will pause retail store operations in the U.S. for three hours to pay tribute to Steve Jobs and allow employees to watch a live broadcast of a celebration to take place at the company's headquarters during the same time.
The celebration of Jobss life will be run from 10 AM PT to 11.30 AM PT at the outdoor amphitheater on Apples Cupertino, Calif. campus. Retail stores in California are reportedly declining online bookings for Wednesday morning in view of the memorial service.
Meanwhile, Apple employees in Asia and Australia will be able to watch a re-broadcast of the event at a latter date.
Apples company-wide celebration follows a memorial for Jobs that took place on Sunday at Stanford Memorial Church and was attended by family, friends, artists, political figures and technology leaders.
Jobs passed away at age 56 on Oct. 5 after a long bout with cancer, a day after the company announced the iPhone 4S.
On Topic: General
- Elon Musk walks back Apple Car, Apple Watch aspersions in Twitter confessional
- Obama administration opts to avoid mandatory decryption for law enforcement requests
- Apple search partner DuckDuckGo takes shots at Google, says tracking isn't needed to profit
- AppleInsider podcast goes to the movies, talks Steve Jobs, iMac rumors, Microsoft & more
- Elon Musk calls Apple the 'Tesla Graveyard,' pooh-poohs rumored Apple Car