Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 03:01 pm PT (06:01 pm ET)
Apple releases Safari 5.1.2 to fix memory usage, stability, page flashingApple has made the free update Safari 5.1.2 available from its website and through Software Update for Mac OS X users.
Apple says the new update solves a variety of issues, noting that it will "improve stability, address issues that could cause hangs and excessive memory usage, address issues that could cause webpages to flash white," and now allows PDFs to be displayed within web content.
The latest version of Apple's web browser can be obtained online for both Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion users, or PC users with Windows XP, Vista, or 7.
The download through Software Update weighs in at 40.2 MB.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases OS X Yosemite Public Beta 2, new iTunes 12 beta for testing
- Intuit releases redesigned Quicken 2015 for Mac, first new version in 7 years
- Apple releases Safari 7.1 and 6.2, OS X Server 3.2 betas to developers
- Apple updates pro-level video suite with fixes for Final Cut Pro X, Compressor and Motion
- Mailbox for Mac hits public beta, adds synced drafts and 'snooze to desktop' feature