We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Apple releases Safari 5.1.2 to fix memory usage, stability, page flashingApple has made the free update Safari 5.1.2 available from its website and through Software Update for Mac OS X users.
Apple says the new update solves a variety of issues, noting that it will "improve stability, address issues that could cause hangs and excessive memory usage, address issues that could cause webpages to flash white," and now allows PDFs to be displayed within web content.
The latest version of Apple's web browser can be obtained online for both Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion users, or PC users with Windows XP, Vista, or 7.
The download through Software Update weighs in at 40.2 MB.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple summons security experts for bug bounty program brief - report
- New macOS Sierra 10.12.1 betas available to developers & public
- Troubleshooting macOS Sierra: FileMaker, Logitech and Razer devices, 4k display issues [u]
- Inside iOS 10: Examining the new smart Photos features
- Troubleshooting macOS Sierra: Wired networking, ScanSnap, Bluetooth