Apple releases Safari 5.1.2 to fix memory usage, stability, page flashingApple has made the free update Safari 5.1.2 available from its website and through Software Update for Mac OS X users.
Apple says the new update solves a variety of issues, noting that it will "improve stability, address issues that could cause hangs and excessive memory usage, address issues that could cause webpages to flash white," and now allows PDFs to be displayed within web content.
The latest version of Apple's web browser can be obtained online for both Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion users, or PC users with Windows XP, Vista, or 7.
The download through Software Update weighs in at 40.2 MB.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- iMovie for Mac updates with quicker project launch, better range selection
- Microsoft appears to be copying Apple's 2014 Continuity Handoff feature for Windows PCs
- Apple's website hints 'OS X' to be rebranded as 'MacOS'
- How to install and run Mac apps that don't come from the Mac App Store
- Adobe to update Premiere Pro, other CC video apps with VR/360-degree tools & more