Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 03:01 pm PT (06:01 pm ET)
Apple releases Safari 5.1.2 to fix memory usage, stability, page flashingApple has made the free update Safari 5.1.2 available from its website and through Software Update for Mac OS X users.
Apple says the new update solves a variety of issues, noting that it will "improve stability, address issues that could cause hangs and excessive memory usage, address issues that could cause webpages to flash white," and now allows PDFs to be displayed within web content.
The latest version of Apple's web browser can be obtained online for both Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion users, or PC users with Windows XP, Vista, or 7.
The download through Software Update weighs in at 40.2 MB.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple opens OS X betas to consumers with Beta Seed Program
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 beta to developers with minor tweaks
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes
- Apple issues iMovie for Mac update with new features, bug fixes
- Apple releases Xcode 5.1.1 update with bug fixes, stability improvements