Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 03:01 pm PT (06:01 pm ET)
Apple releases Safari 5.1.2 to fix memory usage, stability, page flashingApple has made the free update Safari 5.1.2 available from its website and through Software Update for Mac OS X users.
Apple says the new update solves a variety of issues, noting that it will "improve stability, address issues that could cause hangs and excessive memory usage, address issues that could cause webpages to flash white," and now allows PDFs to be displayed within web content.
The latest version of Apple's web browser can be obtained online for both Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion users, or PC users with Windows XP, Vista, or 7.
The download through Software Update weighs in at 40.2 MB.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple to enable pixel-doubled 'Retina' mode for 4K monitors in OS X 10.9.3
- Apple issues first OS X 10.9.3 beta, asks developers to focus on graphics and audio
- Apple issues OS X Server 3.1 Preview beta with added supervised devices support
- Mac owners report OS X 10.9.2 update breaks AirPlay functionality
- Apple releases OS X 10.9.2 with fix for SSL security flaw, plus new FaceTime Audio