Apple releases Safari 5.1.2 to fix memory usage, stability, page flashingApple has made the free update Safari 5.1.2 available from its website and through Software Update for Mac OS X users.
Apple says the new update solves a variety of issues, noting that it will "improve stability, address issues that could cause hangs and excessive memory usage, address issues that could cause webpages to flash white," and now allows PDFs to be displayed within web content.
The latest version of Apple's web browser can be obtained online for both Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion users, or PC users with Windows XP, Vista, or 7.
The download through Software Update weighs in at 40.2 MB.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Final Cut Pro 10.2.1 solves bugs causing crashes, Timeline problems
- Google to funnel all Chrome for Mac extensions through Chrome Web Store
- Leica, Apple working to fix Monochrom DNG bug that could erase Photos app library
- FileMaker 14 brings feature, speed improvements across Mac, iOS & Windows
- Apple seeds Xcode 6.3.2 gold master to developers