Apple releases Safari 5.1.2 to fix memory usage, stability, page flashingApple has made the free update Safari 5.1.2 available from its website and through Software Update for Mac OS X users.
Apple says the new update solves a variety of issues, noting that it will "improve stability, address issues that could cause hangs and excessive memory usage, address issues that could cause webpages to flash white," and now allows PDFs to be displayed within web content.
The latest version of Apple's web browser can be obtained online for both Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion users, or PC users with Windows XP, Vista, or 7.
The download through Software Update weighs in at 40.2 MB.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- New Office for Mac 2011 update fixes Outlook sync bug with OS X El Capitan
- Third beta of Apple's OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan released to developers, public testers
- Adobe reverses course, says Metal support in After Effects 'one possibility' [u]
- Apple issues second public beta of OS X El Capitan 10.11.1
- OS X El Capitan still exposed to vulnerabilities in Gatekeeper & Keychain, researchers say