Apple releases Safari 5.1.2 to fix memory usage, stability, page flashingApple has made the free update Safari 5.1.2 available from its website and through Software Update for Mac OS X users.
Apple says the new update solves a variety of issues, noting that it will "improve stability, address issues that could cause hangs and excessive memory usage, address issues that could cause webpages to flash white," and now allows PDFs to be displayed within web content.
The latest version of Apple's web browser can be obtained online for both Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion users, or PC users with Windows XP, Vista, or 7.
The download through Software Update weighs in at 40.2 MB.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- First look: Fantastical 2 for Mac brings advanced calendaring to OS X Yosemite
- Apple posts fifth OS X 10.10.3 beta, adds OS X Recovery updates
- Apple's Boot Camp drops support for Windows 7 with latest MacBook models
- Apple's Safari among browsers taken down at Pwn2Own day 2
- Apple issues iPhoto update in preparation of Photos, security fixes for OS X Yosemite