Russia and Brazil in latest wave of iPhone 4S launchesiPhone 4S retailers in at least seven countries are reporting that the device will launch in their respective countries on Dec. 16, including Russia and Brazil, two of the most populated states in the world.
Retailers in Russia, Brazil, Taiwan, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and the Philippines took to the internet this week, announcing that Apple's newest handset would be available starting Dec. 16, according to a list compiled by MacRumors.
AppleInsider previously reported that Russia and Taiwan would begin selling the device sometime in mid-December, and now retailers like Digital.ru are posting that pre-orders have started for the upcoming debut. Taiwan News also reports that orders are being taken by local shops, and reassert the Dec. 16 release.
Following a late-November Colombian launch, South America continues its iPhone 4S rollout as Brazilian telecom Claro put up a promotional webpage advertising the device. Reports also claim that a Latin America iTunes Music Store will open prior to the phone's release.
Rounding out the latest international push, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and the Philippines, all report that the handset will be on sale from Dec. 16.
Promotional webpage for the iPhone 4S | Source: Claro
On Topic: iPhone
- Chinese iPhone and iPad trade-in program encounters weak public reception
- Samsung Galaxy S6 delivers poor graphics performance vs. Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Todoist for iOS gets major upgrades, New York Times creates 'one-sentence stories' for Apple Watch
- Reviewers say Samsung's Galaxy S6 tops Android heap, but S6 Edge is solution in search of problem
- Two-thirds of Apple Pay users running into problems at checkout, survey claims