Russia and Brazil in latest wave of iPhone 4S launchesiPhone 4S retailers in at least seven countries are reporting that the device will launch in their respective countries on Dec. 16, including Russia and Brazil, two of the most populated states in the world.
Retailers in Russia, Brazil, Taiwan, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and the Philippines took to the internet this week, announcing that Apple's newest handset would be available starting Dec. 16, according to a list compiled by MacRumors.
AppleInsider previously reported that Russia and Taiwan would begin selling the device sometime in mid-December, and now retailers like Digital.ru are posting that pre-orders have started for the upcoming debut. Taiwan News also reports that orders are being taken by local shops, and reassert the Dec. 16 release.
Following a late-November Colombian launch, South America continues its iPhone 4S rollout as Brazilian telecom Claro put up a promotional webpage advertising the device. Reports also claim that a Latin America iTunes Music Store will open prior to the phone's release.
Rounding out the latest international push, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and the Philippines, all report that the handset will be on sale from Dec. 16.
Promotional webpage for the iPhone 4S | Source: Claro
On Topic: iPhone
- Surging iPhone, plummeting feature phone sales push Apple past Microsoft in mobile market
- Yahoo expected to launch messaging app at New York City press event
- T-Mobile adds Apple Music to list of streaming services for cap-free Music Freedom
- UK banks HSBC, First Direct go live with promised Apple Pay support
- Supply chain evidence of 4-inch 'iPhone 6c' disappears, analyst says