Interactive Grand Central Apple Store panoramic tailored to iOS devicesApple has posted a panoramic picture of its new Grand Central Terminal retail location, makes it interactive by leveraging the gyroscope found in iOS devices.
In an update to its retail location website on Monday, Apple added a 360° panoramic view of its new Grand Central Terminal Apple Store that can be controlled by iOS devices using their built-in gyroscopes.
This is the first time Apple has included this type of interactive graphic on its retail website, though it is unclear whether the feature will be adopted for other upcoming store locations or is unique to the gigantic New York outlet.
To view the panoramic, iOS device users can visit the Apple Store website and select the "View More Photos" option in the bottom left of the landing page picture.
A viewer will pop up illustrating various features of the store, with the interactive panoramic labeled "360." The 360° photograph uses gyroscopes to control movement, so to look around users can simply move their device in the air instead of pushing onscreen buttons.
Screenshot from iPhone 4S of Grand Central Store panoramic photo
PC users can also experience the panoramic photo, though view is controlled by mouse input instead of an iDevice's gyroscope.
Screenshot from Mac with mouse controls
Apple opened the doors to its Grand Central store on Dec. 9, welcoming hordes of customers to one of the company's largest retail locations in the world, which is staffed by 315 employees and features the largest Personal Setup area in the world.
On Topic: General
- Future watch: new Ethernet standard to bring 2.5 and 5 Gbit/sec speeds to existing cabling
- This week on AI: 'Touch bar' MacBook Pro in late Oct., all-glass casing on 2017 iPhones & more
- Apple ordered to pay $302.4M in damages to VirnetX in patent retrial
- Latest 4K drone footage of Apple's 'spaceship' Campus 2 shows landscaping, functional HVAC
- 10nm chip foundry process coming to Apple partner TSMC ahead of Intel