Apple releases Apple TV 4.4.4, tweaks iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4SApple on Thursday released a new software update for its Apple TV set-top box, and also issued a tweaked version of iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4S users.
Details on the two software updates are not known, but users can update their Apple TV directly on the device to software version 4.4.4. The direct download of the software update shows it is a 378MB file.
Also available for download is a new build of iOS 5.0.1, labeled 9A406, for the iPhone 4S. The new build is still identified as iOS 5.0.1, which was released last month in an effort to address bugs related to battery life and Documents in the Cloud.
iPhone 4S owners who are already running iOS 5.0.1 are not prompted to update to the new build 9A406, as iOS software update instructs users they are already running the latest version of iOS. Build 9A406 was silently released by Apple on Thursday, and no details of any changes from the previous build were provided.
Apple is already hard at work on the next software update for its mobile operating system in the form of iOS 5.1. The latest beta issued to developers on Monday added the ability to delete individual Photo Stream pictures.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Apple has not approached Comcast about Web television deal
- Apple TV adds CNNgo for live and on-demand news video
- Apple TV app lineup expands with TED, Tastemade, Young Hollywood
- Netflix flips switch on streaming services in Australia and New Zealand, lands on Apple TV
- New Apple TV with App Store would enter Apple into $35 billion home gaming market