Saturday, January 07, 2012, 10:59 am PT (01:59 pm ET)
Weekend Apple tech news video recap: Week 1 Jan 2012Here's a video recap of the top tech stories involving Apple for the first week of 2012, including a look at 2011, Apple's future directions, big product news, the week's business stories, and upcoming events.
This upcoming week, AppleInsider staff will be on location at the Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show, reporting what's new and noteworthy. Be sure to check in and share your comments and video feedback via email.
You can also follow us on Twitter: @appleinsider and Daniel Eran Dilger.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon