More reliable sources say no Apple event scheduled for FebruaryA well respected journalist is citing his sources Thursday in pouring cold water on rumors that Apple has scheduled any formal event for this month.
"This is not going to happen, according to my sources," wrote the Loop's Jim Dalrymple. "Apple will not hold an event in February, unusual or otherwise. Thats it."
Dalrymple was responding to claims published earlier in the day by the Japanese Apple blog Macotakara stating that Apple would hold a "strange" event in February ahead of a special event to launch the third-generation iPad in early March.
Over the last couple of years, Dalrymple has accurately debunked a number of rumors (1, 2, 3) pertaining to when Apple plans to hold its events and what they'll reveal.
On Topic: General
- Shuttle drivers at Apple, other Silicon Valley tech companies vote for Teamsters representation
- Apple's Tim Cook takes hardline stance against consumer data sharing, government snooping and terrorism
- Apple's March 9 'Spring Forward' event steals thunder from rivals at Mobile World Congress
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple's March 9 event, net neutrality, Pebble Time & more
- Ericsson unloads legal barrage against Apple in ongoing patent licensing dispute