More reliable sources say no Apple event scheduled for FebruaryA well respected journalist is citing his sources Thursday in pouring cold water on rumors that Apple has scheduled any formal event for this month.
"This is not going to happen, according to my sources," wrote the Loop's Jim Dalrymple. "Apple will not hold an event in February, unusual or otherwise. Thats it."
Dalrymple was responding to claims published earlier in the day by the Japanese Apple blog Macotakara stating that Apple would hold a "strange" event in February ahead of a special event to launch the third-generation iPad in early March.
Over the last couple of years, Dalrymple has accurately debunked a number of rumors (1, 2, 3) pertaining to when Apple plans to hold its events and what they'll reveal.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: Apple's no-good terrible quarter, a death in Cupertino, 'Apple Watch 2' rumors & more
- Apple redesigns Support website with clean layout, responsive UI
- Schiller schools internet on correct Apple device plurals, but Cook says 'iPad Pros'
- Apple will attempt data extraction on iPhone of teen lost at sea, report says
- Tor Myhren officially starts as Apple's new VP of Marketing Communications