Thursday, February 02, 2012, 10:31 am PT (01:31 pm ET)
More reliable sources say no Apple event scheduled for FebruaryA well respected journalist is citing his sources Thursday in pouring cold water on rumors that Apple has scheduled any formal event for this month.
"This is not going to happen, according to my sources," wrote the Loop's Jim Dalrymple. "Apple will not hold an event in February, unusual or otherwise. Thats it."
Dalrymple was responding to claims published earlier in the day by the Japanese Apple blog Macotakara stating that Apple would hold a "strange" event in February ahead of a special event to launch the third-generation iPad in early March.
Over the last couple of years, Dalrymple has accurately debunked a number of rumors (1, 2, 3) pertaining to when Apple plans to hold its events and what they'll reveal.
On Topic: General
- Apple's 'smart dock' would give Siri a permanent place in the home
- Apple usurps Dell as most wanted desktop brand for holiday season
- New Union Square Apple Store renderings add water feature to plaza
- Next-gen USB connector a reversible challenge to Apple's Thunderbolt & Lightning
- Apple investigating ways to add depth to iPhone photos