Friday, February 03, 2012, 02:36 pm PT (05:36 pm ET)
Apple adds Genius movie, TV recommendations to Apple TVApple has added its Genius recommendation system from iTunes to Apple TV, offering to suggest titles related to previous purchases.
The suggestions are available from new Genius menu options under both Movies and TV, opening listings of related content.
iTunes already provides users with related recommendations in its optional Genius Sidebar, so the change is primarily a convenience to users looking for interesting content.
Apple highlighted sales of over 4.2 million Apple TVs over the past five quarters since the company transitioned to an iOS-based device, although after noting the sales figures, Tim Cook said, "in the scheme of things, if you dollarize it, we still classify it as a hobby."
On Topic: Apple TV
- PrimeSense tech seen powering gesture controls for future Apple television products
- LG's Smart TV watches you: spyware ads report your behavior in creepy detail
- Apple TV update adds new channels from PBS & Yahoo Screen
- Slowdown in Apple TV shipments suggests full-size television delayed to 2015
- Rumor: Apple television plans 'on hold,' company concentrating on wearable devices