Apple adds Genius movie, TV recommendations to Apple TVApple has added its Genius recommendation system from iTunes to Apple TV, offering to suggest titles related to previous purchases.
The suggestions are available from new Genius menu options under both Movies and TV, opening listings of related content.
iTunes already provides users with related recommendations in its optional Genius Sidebar, so the change is primarily a convenience to users looking for interesting content.
Apple highlighted sales of over 4.2 million Apple TVs over the past five quarters since the company transitioned to an iOS-based device, although after noting the sales figures, Tim Cook said, "in the scheme of things, if you dollarize it, we still classify it as a hobby."
On Topic: Apple TV
- HBO GO activation page for Apple TV suggests support from Charter coming soon
- Amazon buys mobile video services firm Elemental Technologies for a reported $500M
- Apple Music seen as gateway for streaming TV service, may need 30M subscribers to succeed
- CBS to stream Super Bowl 50, AFC playoffs & two regular-season NFL games free to Apple TV
- Next-gen Apple TV priced at $149, will include universal search for finding content across providers