'iPad 3' rumored to launch in Germany on March 23With Apple expected to unveil its next-generation iPad in early March, a new rumor suggests that the device will launch in Germany only a few weeks later, on March 23.
Following up on a report from earlier Tuesday that suggested the so-called "iPad 3" will launch in Germany in April, iFun.de chimed in to dispute that date. Instead, the German-language site has heard that Apple's next iPad will launch in their country on March 23.
Last year, Apple announced the iPad 2 on March 2, and the device became available in the U.S. just over a week later, on March 11. The international launch came a few weeks later, on March 25, to 25 additional countries including Germany.
This year, Apple is expected to unveil its third-generation iPad at a media event on March 7. If that date is accurate and Apple employs the same launch timeframe as 2011, the device would go on sale in the U.S. on Friday, March 16, while international availability would begin on Friday, March 30.
Purported 'iPad 3' case and comparison photos. | Source: Apple Daily
Though the April launch for the next iPad in Germany was disputed, a number of other details were contained in the original report. It said that the "iPad 3" will feature Siri voice control and a 1080p camera with image stabilization, both powered by a dual-core "A5X" processor.
The third-generation iPad is also expected to feature a high-resolution Retina Display. The pixel-dense screen is rumored to have a resolution of 2,048-by-1,536 pixels, which is 260 pixels per inch, and twice the resolution of the current iPad 2 screen.
On Topic: iPad
- UK Parliament approves $1.5M plan to supply members with new iPad Air 2s, laptops
- Facebook begins rolling out nostalgic 'On This Day' feature to Web, mobile app
- Amazon Music for iOS gets ad-free Prime Stations, Instagram launches Layout for iPhone
- Inside Greater China: An exclusive look at Apple in Shenzhen
- China Unicom, China Telecom to start selling 4G models of iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 on March 27