Wednesday, March 07, 2012, 01:09 pm
Apple to release iOS 5.1 with expanded Siri language supportApple on Wednesday announced that the iOS 5.1 software update will be available today for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, including expanded support for Siri in Japanese.
iOS 5.1 is not yet available for download, but Apple promised at its iPad keynote that the software update will be available at some point today. Apple mentioned Japanese-language support for Siri, but offered little other detail on the iOS 5.1 software update.
It's expected that iOS 5.1 will update PhotoStream to allow users to delete individual photos stored in iCloud. It's also expected that a new camera slider feature will become available, making it easy for users to quickly access the camera on their iPhone.
On Topic: iPad
- New Microsoft Windows 8 ad turns Apple's Siri against her maker
- Apple's iPad dominates online shopping traffic & revenue generation
- Prime minister visits Apple HQ as Turkey ponders 10.6M-tablet buy for education
- Rumor: Production of Apple's 33% lighter fifth-gen iPad to begin in July
- US Air Force expects to save $50M with use of 18K Apple iPads