Wednesday, March 07, 2012, 10:09 am PT (01:09 pm ET)
Apple to release iOS 5.1 with expanded Siri language supportApple on Wednesday announced that the iOS 5.1 software update will be available today for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, including expanded support for Siri in Japanese.
iOS 5.1 is not yet available for download, but Apple promised at its iPad keynote that the software update will be available at some point today. Apple mentioned Japanese-language support for Siri, but offered little other detail on the iOS 5.1 software update.
It's expected that iOS 5.1 will update PhotoStream to allow users to delete individual photos stored in iCloud. It's also expected that a new camera slider feature will become available, making it easy for users to quickly access the camera on their iPhone.
On Topic: iPad
- Apple will re-bid on nixed $1 billion LA Unified School District iPad contract
- Cook says tablet sales slump is 'speed bump,' looks toward future growth
- Rumor: Apple's jumbo-sized 12.9-inch iPad in the works for early 2015 debut
- Minnesota school district set to roll Apple's iPad out to 40,000 students
- LA Unified School District suspends iPad deal, faces accusations that officials had close ties with Apple