Wednesday, March 07, 2012, 10:09 am PT (01:09 pm ET)
Apple to release iOS 5.1 with expanded Siri language supportApple on Wednesday announced that the iOS 5.1 software update will be available today for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, including expanded support for Siri in Japanese.
iOS 5.1 is not yet available for download, but Apple promised at its iPad keynote that the software update will be available at some point today. Apple mentioned Japanese-language support for Siri, but offered little other detail on the iOS 5.1 software update.
It's expected that iOS 5.1 will update PhotoStream to allow users to delete individual photos stored in iCloud. It's also expected that a new camera slider feature will become available, making it easy for users to quickly access the camera on their iPhone.
On Topic: iPad
- IBM began mass adoption of iOS prior to its exclusive partnership with Apple, Inc.
- Apple holds on to top spot in tablet sales despite iPad decline
- As iPad sales decline, Apple remains bullish on future of tablet market
- Apple's iPad reaches 78% North American tablet share as Amazon's Kindle Fire passes Samsung, Google
- Lenovo axes small Windows tablets in the US after struggling to compete with Apple's iPad mini [u]