AppleCare+ for iPad offers 2 years of coverage for $99New iPad buyers can now opt for two years of coverage for their iPad, including repairs and technical support, for $99 with AppleCare+.
"Every iPad comes with one year of hardware repair coverage and 90 days of telephone technical support," the official product description reads. "AppleCare+ for iPad gives you two years of repair coverage and technical support from the original purchase date of your iPad. And it adds coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage due to handling for your iPad, each subject to a $49 service fee."
AppleCare+ owners can receive help for their product past the 90-day warranty period over the phone, at an Apple Retail Store, or at other Apple AUthorized Service providers. Coverage relates to topics including iOS, iCloud, wireless connectivity, FaceTime, iBooks, Keynote, Numbers, Pages and other Apple-branded iPad applications.
Customers who purchase AppleCare+ together with their new iPad will be automatically registered. The coverage includes mail-in repair with a shipping box provided by Apple, and carry-in repair at a retail location.
The extended warranty covers the iPad, its internal battery, the USB cable and power adapter that ships with it, and a Time Capsule or AirPort device. Customers also receive coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling of the iPad, and each are subject to a $49 service fee.
Word of an AppleCare+ plan for iPad first surfaced before Wednesday's event. It has replaced the previous standard $79 standard AppleCare package.
On Topic: Apple Retail
- PayAnywhere to launch Apple Pay-compatible card reader at Apple Stores
- Apple, Best Buy alliance grows with more Apple Watch locations, expanded in-store service
- Apple Stores may end 'One to One' training sessions in near future, report claims
- Dubai Apple Store opening pushed back to at least October, report claims
- Apple to open two Apple Stores in United Arab Emirates after exemption from ownership laws