AppleCare+ for iPad offers 2 years of coverage for $99New iPad buyers can now opt for two years of coverage for their iPad, including repairs and technical support, for $99 with AppleCare+.
"Every iPad comes with one year of hardware repair coverage and 90 days of telephone technical support," the official product description reads. "AppleCare+ for iPad gives you two years of repair coverage and technical support from the original purchase date of your iPad. And it adds coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage due to handling for your iPad, each subject to a $49 service fee."
AppleCare+ owners can receive help for their product past the 90-day warranty period over the phone, at an Apple Retail Store, or at other Apple AUthorized Service providers. Coverage relates to topics including iOS, iCloud, wireless connectivity, FaceTime, iBooks, Keynote, Numbers, Pages and other Apple-branded iPad applications.
Customers who purchase AppleCare+ together with their new iPad will be automatically registered. The coverage includes mail-in repair with a shipping box provided by Apple, and carry-in repair at a retail location.
The extended warranty covers the iPad, its internal battery, the USB cable and power adapter that ships with it, and a Time Capsule or AirPort device. Customers also receive coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling of the iPad, and each are subject to a $49 service fee.
Word of an AppleCare+ plan for iPad first surfaced before Wednesday's event. It has replaced the previous standard $79 standard AppleCare package.
On Topic: Apple Retail
- Apple celebrates Earth Day with green retail store logos, App Store promos
- Second wave of online-only Apple Watch preorders rumored to start in Italy, other countries May 8
- Apple Watch won't be available in Apple's retail stores until June at the earliest
- Nearly all Apple Watch retail try-ons are resulting in preorders, Cowen says
- First look: Going hands-on with the Apple Watch at an Apple retail store