Apple launches iTunes section for Retina Display-ready iPad appsIn preparation of the upcoming Friday launch of its new iPad, Apple on Thursday put together a list of 24 apps that best utilize the new tablet's high resolution Retina Display.
Since the new iOS software development kit was released in early March, app makers have been busy updating and submitting software that can take advantage of the high resolution screen found on Apple's third-generation iPad.
Just hours before its newest iPad is scheduled to launch, Apple has gathered together 24 of the best and most popular apps that support the tabelet's Retina Display. The selected apps can be browsed and purchased through iTunes, or if a user already owns a previous version of the software it can be directly downloaded from the iPad's App Store app.
Standout apps include Tweetbot, which boasts full Retina Display compatibility and a new streaming option, and two of the apps demoed at Apple's iPad-centric special event; SketchBook Pro, the Autodesk drawing app and Namco's new game, Sky Gambler's: Air Supremacy.
On Topic: iTunes
- Kanye West blames conflict between Apple Music & Tidal for missing projects
- Apple's Beats 1 head DJ Zane Lowe giving music keynote at 2017 SXSW
- Apple debuts Apple Music ad touting revamped UI, custom playlists, Beats 1
- Jimmy Iovine talks past, future of Apple Music in new interview
- Apple opens up iTunes donations for Hurricane Matthew relief