Apple serves up first beta of OS X Lion 10.7.4 to developersApple has asked its Mac developers to begin testing Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 build 11E27 — the first external beta of the company's fourth maintenance release to its current Lion operating system.
The Friday release to Apple Developer Connection members, as first predicted by AppleInsider on Monday, was accompanied by a note asking developers to focus their testing efforts on AddressBook, Graphics, iCal, Mail, and Printing.
The 580MB delta release is said by those familiar with the software to contain just one known issue related to the inability to play content purchased through iTunes in QuickTime.
Separately, Apple on Friday also served up OS X Lion Server Software Update 10.7.4 build 11E27 — a 622MB delta update to Lion's server software with changes to Calendars, Contacts, Server App, Web Server, WebDAV Sharing and ServerAdmin DNS.
Earlier in the day, the Mac maker also released the second developer preview of Mountain Lion, the successor to Lion due for release sometime this summer.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases Logic Pro X 10.2, MainStage 3.2 updates with Alchemy synthesizer
- VMware launches Fusion 8 with Windows 10 & OS X El Capitan support
- Apple issues sixth Xcode 7 beta to developers with minor bug fixes
- Future Chrome for Mac update may solve problems with memory, performance
- Apple issues 7th OS X 10.11 El Capitan beta to developers, 5th public beta to testers