Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 04:58 pm PT (07:58 pm ET)
Apple rolls out iTunes 10.6.1 updateApple on Wednesday released iTunes 10.6.1, a minor update that fixes a small number of bugs found in the introduction of version 10.6 which was released earlier in March.
When iTunes 10.6 was released on March 7, it added support for 1080p option to sync 192kbps and 256kbps quality audio to devices. The latest update squashes a few minor bugs associated with syncing, among others.
Changes from 10.6:
- Fixes several issues that may cause iTunes to unexpectedly quit while playing videos, changing artwork size in Grid view, and syncing photos to devices.
- Addresses an issue where some iTunes interface elements are incorrectly described by VoiceOver and WindowEyes.
- Fixes a problem where iTunes may become unresponsive while syncing iPod nano or iPod shuffle.
- Resolves an ordering problem while browsing TV episodes in your iTunes library on Apple TV.
The download is 64.4MB and can be download via Software Update or Apple's support page.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple partners with Vevo to stream concerts from SXSW iTunes Festival
- 6 months after launch, Apple's iTunes Radio already more popular than Spotify
- Apple adds iTunes Festival channel to Apple TV in advance of Tuesday kickoff
- Apple reportedly pressing labels for exclusive content as digital music sales dip
- Apple adds hip hop artist Kendrick Lamar to iTunes festival lineup