United Continental exec hired by AppleFormer United Continental Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Zane Rowe will be joining the ranks at Apple, and will reportedly be one of the Cupertino, Calif., company's vice presidents of sales.
Rowe is leaving his position as executive vice president and CFO of United Continental Holdings Inc., the company which owns major U.S. airlines United and Continental, at which he served since the two carriers merged in 2010 for a job at Cupertino, reports All Things D.
We are thrilled that Zane Rowe will be joining us as one of our vice presidents of sales, Apple spokesman Steve Dowling said. He built a great team at United and we think he is going to do a fantastic job at Apple.
Previous to his tenure at United Continental, Rowe first joined Continental in 1993 as a vice president of financial planning and analysis, ultimately becaming the company's executive vice president and CFO in 2008.
It is unclear as to what segment Rowe will be heading or when his term will begin.
New Apple Vice President of Sales Zane Rowe. | Source: All Things D
On Topic: General
- Apple announces Chinese iPhone and iPad trade-in program
- Amazon Dash Buttons bring consumerism to Internet of Things
- Google unveils new $149 Chromebooks, Asus-made Chromebit stick computer
- Apple's Lisa Jackson talks environmental regulations, global carbon footprint at WSJ conference
- Continuity tips: How to enable or disable iPhone cellular calls on Mac & iPad