United Continental exec hired by AppleFormer United Continental Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Zane Rowe will be joining the ranks at Apple, and will reportedly be one of the Cupertino, Calif., company's vice presidents of sales.
Rowe is leaving his position as executive vice president and CFO of United Continental Holdings Inc., the company which owns major U.S. airlines United and Continental, at which he served since the two carriers merged in 2010 for a job at Cupertino, reports All Things D.
We are thrilled that Zane Rowe will be joining us as one of our vice presidents of sales, Apple spokesman Steve Dowling said. He built a great team at United and we think he is going to do a fantastic job at Apple.
Previous to his tenure at United Continental, Rowe first joined Continental in 1993 as a vice president of financial planning and analysis, ultimately becaming the company's executive vice president and CFO in 2008.
It is unclear as to what segment Rowe will be heading or when his term will begin.
New Apple Vice President of Sales Zane Rowe. | Source: All Things D
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Steve Jobs tributes, iPhone & Watch launches, iOS security & more
- Elon Musk walks back Apple Car, Apple Watch aspersions in Twitter confessional
- Obama administration opts to avoid mandatory decryption for law enforcement requests
- Apple search partner DuckDuckGo takes shots at Google, says tracking isn't needed to profit
- AppleInsider podcast goes to the movies, talks Steve Jobs, iMac rumors, Microsoft & more