Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 05:02 am PT (08:02 am ET)
Apple seeds fourth build of OS X 10.7.4 Lion with no known issuesApple this week seeded its developer community with the fourth build of OS X 10.7.4, the upcoming maintenance update for its Lion operating system.
People familiar with the latest build said it is labeled as "11E52." The download is said to be more than 700 megabytes in its delta form, while the combo update is nearly 1.5 gigabytes.
There are reportedly no known issues with the latest build of Lion. Developers have been asked to focus on Graphics, iCal, Mail, Printing, and Time Machine.
Registered Mac developers can contain the pre-release software for testing from Apple's official Developer Center website.
The release of "11E52" comes less than two weeks after Apple seeded the third beta of OS X 10.7.4 to developers. That build also contained no known issues, and developers were asked to focus on the App Store, QuickTime, and Screen SHaring, in addition to Graphics, Mail and Time Machine. The first beta of the anticipated Lion update was delivered to developers in mid-March.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases OS X Yosemite Public Beta 2, new iTunes 12 beta for testing
- Intuit releases redesigned Quicken 2015 for Mac, first new version in 7 years
- Apple releases Safari 7.1 and 6.2, OS X Server 3.2 betas to developers
- Apple updates pro-level video suite with fixes for Final Cut Pro X, Compressor and Motion
- Mailbox for Mac hits public beta, adds synced drafts and 'snooze to desktop' feature