Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 05:02 am PT (08:02 am ET)
Apple seeds fourth build of OS X 10.7.4 Lion with no known issuesApple this week seeded its developer community with the fourth build of OS X 10.7.4, the upcoming maintenance update for its Lion operating system.
People familiar with the latest build said it is labeled as "11E52." The download is said to be more than 700 megabytes in its delta form, while the combo update is nearly 1.5 gigabytes.
There are reportedly no known issues with the latest build of Lion. Developers have been asked to focus on Graphics, iCal, Mail, Printing, and Time Machine.
Registered Mac developers can contain the pre-release software for testing from Apple's official Developer Center website.
The release of "11E52" comes less than two weeks after Apple seeded the third beta of OS X 10.7.4 to developers. That build also contained no known issues, and developers were asked to focus on the App Store, QuickTime, and Screen SHaring, in addition to Graphics, Mail and Time Machine. The first beta of the anticipated Lion update was delivered to developers in mid-March.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Microsoft says public beta of new Office for Mac coming in first half of 2015
- Users report slow Wi-Fi, dropped connections after upgrading to Apple's OS X Yosemite
- Rumor: Office for Mac to get Retina redesign, feature parity with Windows in Q1 2015
- First-week OS X Yosemite adoption rate outpaces Mavericks, now at 12.8%
- Getting the most out of the revamped OS X Spotlight search in Yosemite