Tuesday, May 01, 2012, 04:56 pm PT (07:56 pm ET)
Apple seeds new OS X 10.7.4 build to developersApple seeded the latest 11E53 builds of OS X Lion and Lion Server with no known issues on Tuesday, possibly signaling an imminent release of the forthcoming maintenance update.
The update comes one week after Apple seeded build 11E52 which itself rolled out less than two weeks after build 11E46. Because of the shrinking time between dev updates, it is thought that a final version may be pushed out to the public in the near future.
Developers have been asked to concentrate on graphics, iCal, Mail, printing and Time Machine for OS X Lion, while Calendar & Contacts Server, Profile Manager, Server App, Web Server, WebDAV Sharing and ServerAdmin DNS are focuses of the Lion Server seed.
Registered Mac developers can access the update from Apple's Developer Center website.
The 11E53 Delta updates for OS X Lion and Lion Server weigh in at 716.91MB and 202.59MB, respectively, while the Combo updates come in at 1.43GB and 1.51GB.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- First-week OS X Yosemite adoption rate outpaces Mavericks, now at 12.8%
- Getting the most out of the revamped OS X Spotlight search in Yosemite
- Mac users report Bluetooth lag & connection issues after updating to OS X Yosemite
- Get your Mac online anywhere easily with OS X Yosemite's new Instant Hotspot iPhone tethering feature
- How to send and receive SMS text messages in OS X Yosemite