Tuesday, May 01, 2012, 07:56 pm
Apple seeds new OS X 10.7.4 build to developersApple seeded the latest 11E53 builds of OS X Lion and Lion Server with no known issues on Tuesday, possibly signaling an imminent release of the forthcoming maintenance update.
The update comes one week after Apple seeded build 11E52 which itself rolled out less than two weeks after build 11E46. Because of the shrinking time between dev updates, it is thought that a final version may be pushed out to the public in the near future.
Developers have been asked to concentrate on graphics, iCal, Mail, printing and Time Machine for OS X Lion, while Calendar & Contacts Server, Profile Manager, Server App, Web Server, WebDAV Sharing and ServerAdmin DNS are focuses of the Lion Server seed.
Registered Mac developers can access the update from Apple's Developer Center website.
The 11E53 Delta updates for OS X Lion and Lion Server weigh in at 716.91MB and 202.59MB, respectively, while the Combo updates come in at 1.43GB and 1.51GB.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Adobe releases major update to Creative Cloud desktop apps
- Safari 7.0 streamlined and accelerated for OS X Mavericks
- Why the Mac Finder took so long to get the new Tabs in OS X Mavericks
- Compressed Memory in OS X 10.9 Mavericks aims to free RAM, extend battery life
- Apple shifts from AFP file sharing to SMB2 in OS X 10.9 Mavericks