Photos of Ashton Kutcher in character as Steve Jobs surfaceImages have appeared of actor Ashton Kutcher wearing Steve Jobs' iconic black turtleneck, jeans and sneakers outfit on his way to the set of the independent film about the late Apple co-founder.
Gossip site TMZ.com published photos of Kutcher "in full character" on Saturday. His outfit was a near match to the one Jobs was famous for wearing.
Jobs so liked the black turtleneck that he reportedly owned hundreds of them. Mona Simpson, Jobs' sister, remarked at his memorial service last October that he had probably owned enough copies of the shirt for everyone in attendance.
Last month, reports surfaced that Kutcher had been cast as Jobs for the indie biopic, which is tentatively titled "Jobs: Get Inspired" and will span 1971 to 2000. The "Two and a Half Men" star had previously been noted as resembling Jobs. The film's producer, David Hulme, has said that Kutcher believes the part was "meant for him" and has set out to "prove to the world that this is the right part for him."
Hulme indicated in April that he is aiming to release the film in the fourth quarter of 2012. Rumors have suggested that broadway star Josh Gad has been tapped to play Jobs' partner Steve Wozniak. Director Joshua Michael Stern is said to believe the project is "award-worthy."
On Topic: General
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board as firms prep driverless cars
- Apple event invite inspires wild speculation about 'iPhone 7' iris scanning, bokeh, more
- EU will order Ireland to collect over $1B in back taxes from Apple - report
- Apple sends invitations for 'iPhone 7' event on Sept. 7: 'See you on the 7th'
- Sell your iPhone trade-in to BuyBackWorld ahead of Apple's iPhone 7 and grab a 10% cash bonus