Tuesday, June 05, 2012, 01:45 pm PT (04:45 pm ET)
Apple TV 5.0.2 software update rolls outApple on Tuesday updated its Apple TV software to version 5.0.2 for second and third generation units.
The Apple TV Software Update, released as build 9B830, brings unknown fixes to both the second and third generation set-top media streamers. Apple's support web page has yet to divulge the contents of the update, but a more detailed description should be posted in the near future.
The quick download showed no visible changes to the UI or content meaning that the update may be a fix for backend performance issues or preparation for as-yet unreleased features set to be announced at WWDC next week.
To install the new 5.0.2 version on your Apple TV, navigate to the "Update Software" menu option under Settings > General.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Apple TV to get FXNOW with integrated 'Simpsons World' within 12 months
- Netflix quietly updates Apple TV channel with 'Post-Play' feature for TV shows
- Model number for Apple's mystery iBeacon device may hint at upgrade to existing hardware
- iTunes update brings HD Extras to the Mac, also coming to Apple TV and iOS 8
- Roku outpaces Apple TV in US sales growth and usage for 2013, report says