Apple TV 5.0.2 software update rolls outApple on Tuesday updated its Apple TV software to version 5.0.2 for second and third generation units.
The Apple TV Software Update, released as build 9B830, brings unknown fixes to both the second and third generation set-top media streamers. Apple's support web page has yet to divulge the contents of the update, but a more detailed description should be posted in the near future.
The quick download showed no visible changes to the UI or content meaning that the update may be a fix for backend performance issues or preparation for as-yet unreleased features set to be announced at WWDC next week.
To install the new 5.0.2 version on your Apple TV, navigate to the "Update Software" menu option under Settings > General.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Apple partner Imagination unveils PowerVR 'super-GPU' with 512 ALU cores for game consoles
- Piper Jaffray sees a revamped Apple TV set-top box being core of Apple's fall 2015 products
- Apple restarts talks with content owners for over-the-top, web-based TV service
- Briefly: Apple TV gains 120 Sports channel, Twitter adds group messaging
- Amazon expands original content program with feature films as Apple TV adds more live sports