Apple updates MacBook Pro with Ivy Bridge CPUs and Nvidia graphicsThe legacy MacBook Pro lineup was given a refresh on Monday, as Apple unveiled updated notebooks featuring Intel's latest Ivy Bridge processors, as well as dedicated Nvidia GeForce GT 650M graphics on the 15-inch model.
The updated MacBook Pro is different from the next-generation MacBook Pro Apple unveiled on Monday, as the legacy model maintains the design of its predecessor, as well as the optical disc drive. But the hardware has been updated with new processors and better performance.
The new 13-inch MacBook Pro has a 1,280 by 800 display with options for a 2.5 gigahertz dual-core i5 processor, or a 2.9 gigahertz dual-core i7. The low-end model has a 500 gigabyte hard drive and 4 gigabytes of RAM for $1,199, while the high-end model sports 8 gigabyte of RAM and a 750 gigabyte hard drive for $1,499.
The 15-inch MacBook Pro has a 1,440 by 900 pixel display, and both models feature Nvidia GeForce GT 650M graphics. The low-end model has 512 megabytes of graphics memory, 4 gigabytes of RAM, and a 500 gigabyte hard drive for $1,799. The high-end model has 1 gigabyte of graphics memory, 8 gigabytes of RAM, and a 750 gigabyte hard drive for $2,199.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Rounding up the best Apple MacBook, iMac, Mac mini and Mac Pros deals of Black Friday 2014
- Free Apple TV and the lowest prices anywhere on every MacBook + AppleCare bundle (save $200-$800); iMacs & Mac Pros too
- Black Friday sale delivers first Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display under $1000
- Lowest Prices Ever: Apple's mid-2014 2.5Ghz 15-inch MacBook Pro (16GB, 512GB, 750M) for $2199; $300 off iMac 5K with AppleCare; up to $600 off Mac Pro
- Black Friday at MacMall kicks off with up to $300 off Retina MacBook Pros, $200 off Retina iMac, up to $600 off Mac Pros