Apple's Back to School promo offers $100 iTunes card with Mac, $50 with iPadApple's 2012 Back to School promotion kicked off with the launch of new Macs on Monday, offering qualified customers a $100 iTunes gift card with the purchase of a new Mac, and $50 with a new iPad.
Customers must buy a Mac or iPad for college between June 11 and September 21 in order to qualify for the Back to School Gift Card, which can be used on apps, books, music and movies. Students and faculty can also buy their Mac with Apple Education Pricing to save money on the hardware.
To qualify for the Back to School Card offer, customers must be a college student, a student accepted to a college, a parent buying for a college student, or a faculty or staff member from any grade level.
Customers can buy a qualifying Mac or iPad from the Apple Online Store for Education, the Apple Retail Store, or an Apple Authorized Campus Store. They will receive their Back to School Gift Card with their purchase.
The gift card can be used in the iOS and Mac App Stores on software, the iBookstore, or in iTunes.
Apple also offers a dedicated section on its website for the Back to School promo, where the company has highlighted a number of Mac and iPad apps that could be of use to students.
On Topic: General
- Judge approves $415M settlement in 'no-poach' class-action case involving Apple, Google, others
- Yerba Buena Center getting 'Spring Forward' makeover for Monday's Apple Watch event
- Apple reclaims top spot in movie product placement rankings
- Uber's first-ever public acquisition, maps firm deCarta, will lessen reliance on Apple, Google
- Apple discussing settlement with battery maker over alleged employee poaching