Apple releases quick fix for next-gen MacBook Pro trackpad issuesApple on Tuesday released the first software update for the Retina Display MacBook Pro to fix possible trackpad input issues a little over 24 hours after the new machine was debuted on Monday.
MacBook Pro (Retina) Trackpad Update 1.0 addresses an issue where the next generation notebook's "trackpad may not respond consistently to user input," according to Apple's Support Page.
The update comes only a day after Apple's chief of marketing Phil Schiller unveiled the hotly-anticipated device onstage at WWDC 2012.
While shipments of the Retina Display-sporting 15-inch MacBook Pro have slipped to two to three weeks, some early adopters have already gotten their hands on the first units sold. The number of affected machines is unknown and the issue itself has so far gone largely unreported.
The 1.26MB update can be downloaded through Software Update or Apple's Support Page and is only applicable to users of the new Retina Display MacBook Pro.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Apple announces repair program for MacBook Pro laptops exhibiting video issues
- How to get the lowest prices anywhere on Apple's 15-inch MacBook Pros with coupons
- 2011 MacBook Pro graphics class-action suit expands, accuses Apple of concealing defects
- Deals: Free AppleCare & $120 off iMac 5K; $50 off iPad Air 2; MacBook Air coupons; $150-$700 off MacBook Pros
- Deals: Free Apple Magic Mouse and the lowest prices anywhere on every MacBook + AppleCare bundle; iMacs & Mac Pros too