Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 11:18 am PT (02:18 pm ET)
iMovie updated to support Apple's Retina display MacBook ProApple on Tuesday updated its consumer video editing application iMovie to version 9.0.6, adding support for the new Retina display next-generation MacBook Pro.
The updated iMovie is now available (iTunes link) for download in the Mac App Store. In addition to enhancements for the MacBook Pro Retina display, it also includes general stability and compatibility improvements.
The 1.26 gigabyte download also adds language support for Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, Turkish and Ukranian. It requires OS X 10.7.4 or later.
iMovie joins a host of other applications that were also updated with Retina display support on Monday, New versions of Final Cut Pro, Aperture and iPhoto were rolled out to accommodate the new high-resolution screen on Apple's next-generation MacBook Pro.
Also on Tuesday, Apple issued an update for the new MacBook Pro with Retina display in the form of "Trackpad Update 1.0." The 1.26 megabyte download addresses an issue where the trackpad may not respond consistently to user input. It is recommended for all MacBook Pro with Retina display notebooks.
Another update for the Retina display MacBook Pro was issued by Apple on Monday, named "Software UPdate 1.0." That 1.06 gigabyte download includes fixes that improve graphics stability, external display support, and USB 3 device support.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Last Call: Up to $600 off Macs & $750 off Macs with AppleCare, with free $25 iTunes Gift Card and no tax in 48 states
- Deals: 25% off Otterbox iPhone 6 cases, $799 & $899 MacBook Airs, $100-$400 off 2014 MacBook Pros
- Review: Apple's mid-2014 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Review: BlueLounge's Kickflip is a low-cost way to make typing on Apple's MacBook Pro even better
- Review: Apple's mid-2014 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display