iMovie updated to support Apple's Retina display MacBook ProApple on Tuesday updated its consumer video editing application iMovie to version 9.0.6, adding support for the new Retina display next-generation MacBook Pro.
The updated iMovie is now available (iTunes link) for download in the Mac App Store. In addition to enhancements for the MacBook Pro Retina display, it also includes general stability and compatibility improvements.
The 1.26 gigabyte download also adds language support for Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, Turkish and Ukranian. It requires OS X 10.7.4 or later.
iMovie joins a host of other applications that were also updated with Retina display support on Monday, New versions of Final Cut Pro, Aperture and iPhoto were rolled out to accommodate the new high-resolution screen on Apple's next-generation MacBook Pro.
Also on Tuesday, Apple issued an update for the new MacBook Pro with Retina display in the form of "Trackpad Update 1.0." The 1.26 megabyte download addresses an issue where the trackpad may not respond consistently to user input. It is recommended for all MacBook Pro with Retina display notebooks.
Another update for the Retina display MacBook Pro was issued by Apple on Monday, named "Software UPdate 1.0." That 1.06 gigabyte download includes fixes that improve graphics stability, external display support, and USB 3 device support.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Apple might debut 'MagSafe-like' USB-C adapter with redesigned MacBook Pro line
- New Apple event invite recalls original Macintosh, iMac introductions
- Potential MacBook Pro OLED function row names include 'Magic Toolbar,' 'Control Strip,' 'Touch Bar'
- 'Hello again:' Apple sends invitations for event on Oct. 27, new MacBook Pros expected
- Annual Final Cut Pro gathering being held as Apple is expected to unveil new MacBook Pros